Thursday, August 21, 2008

Vacation - Day #1

I am so excited. Today is the first day of my vacation. It has been a busy day so far though. This morning Luke had his speech evaluation appointment. Just like I suspected he more than qualifies for speech therapy. I have decided to go the private route for now though instead of through the school district. He starts in September and will go 2 days a week for an hour each day. This will last for 3 months and then we will re-evaulate him. I am hopeful this will help us understand him better. To give you an example of his issue, Nana just asked me why he was going to get himself a vitamin. Well, what he said was he was going to get his spiderman. Spiderman, vitamin, it's all the same when Lukey is talking.

I did get some more school shopping done today. I think I may actually be done now. Hopefully.

Noah has scrimmage game #2 Saturday morning. His first was on Tuesday night and his team got whooped good. Noah was quite nervous. When he went in for his first play, he ran towards the guy on the other team (who was a good foot taller than Noah) and bounced off the guy. He ended up flying about 3 feet backwards. It was pretty funny.

Sunday we leave for our cruise. I can't wait. I don't think I'll really feel like I'm on vacation until then.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope the speech help makes it easier on you all to understand. That is tough.

Funny about Noah's first play!

S said...

I miss you!