Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's Official...He's not a baby anymore

My "baby" turned 3 yesterday. It was a bittersweet day. I love the little boy he is becoming, but I miss the baby that he will never be again.

We had a great day yesterday. I took the day off work and hung out with both of my boys. We went and had a nice lunch with a friend of mine and then we were off to bowling. It was fun. Luke did really well. So well in fact that Noah was getting pretty mad that Luke was beating him. He kept saying "I'm going to be so mad if a 2 year old beats me". I had to keep reminding him that Luke was a 3 year old now. Luckily for me Noah didn't have to be mad, he did beat Luke. But just barely...the score was 83 Luke and 85 Noah. Pretty funny actually. After bowling we attempted to go to a new cupcake store that opened up, but turns out they close on Mondays. So we just went back home to hang out until daddy got home from work. Then it was off to Chuck E Cheese. Luke had so much fun. I told him he couldn't play games until after he ate his pizza. Boy let me tell you, I have never seen him scarf down a piece of pizza so fast. After that he ran around for over an hour playing games.

Some pictures from today.










































































The night ended the best way possible - Luke was laying in his bed and all of a sudden I hear him singing Happy Birthday to himself. It was the cutest thing ever.
Tonight though, he is back to being my wild boy. Him and Noah are play fighting in the living room right now. He just knocked Noah down and then said "how's that feel?". Cracked me and Noah up! There are so many funny things he is saying these days. I really need to start writing them all down somewhere.

No comments: