Saturday, June 28, 2008

Luke's 3rd Birthday Party

Today we celebrated Luke's 3rd birthday. His birthday is really on Monday, but we had the party today. It was a beautiful summer day and we were lucky to have a lot of friends and family here to share the day with us. Luke had an absolute blast. I have never seen him have so much fun. Scooby Doo even made a special appearance. I was afraid that Luke would be scared, but he wasn't. He hugged him and played with him. The bounce house was his favorite though. He bounced all day long. We took tons and tons of pics.




This is before the party started. Playing in his room.














Bounce house fun...













Pinata time












He screamed "money" when he opened his card.



















Oh look, it's the scary Hulk



















Luke's new big boy bike.














Cake time!













These are only a few of the hundreds of pictures we took today.
I thought for sure after all the fun and excitement Luke would have passed out for a long afternoon nap. No such luck though, he is still up and at 'em. I really haven't seen him have this much fun in a long time. He thought it was so great that all of his friends from school came to play with him. He was a little sad though when his best friend Chase had to go home. He really is a stubborn boy, he was so upset he wouldn't say by to Chase. I think he thought that if he didn't say bye, then Chase wouldn't leave.
He really scored on the presents. He loved them all and so did Noah. I think Noah has spent as much time playing with them tonight as Luke did. When I ask him what his favorite present is he names them all, including the clothes. The kid really cracks me up.
I really am grateful for all the good friends we have in our lives. Luke's Godmother Michelle pretty much saved me. She made almost all the food and came over early to help set up. She is truly wonderful. Another of our friends, Angela, brought her popcorn machine over and spent the afternoon popping the kids popcorn. They loved it.
All in all it was a great day! I can't believe my baby is turning 3. Geesh, time really does fly.

No comments: