Well, Noah left today for a week away at camp. This is his first real time away from home. He was very excited until we got up there, then you could see the nerves were getting to him. I am sure he will have a blast though. He is at Arrowhead Lutheran Camp, up in Lake Arrowhead and will be camping in a teepee for the week. They have all sorts of fun activities planned, including archery which he is so excited about. Here is a picture of him before we left the house. See he looks pretty excited. He has his beft friend Cameron with him so he shouldn't get too lonely. When we got there he actually saw another girl from his school there. So I feel better knowing he has friends with him. I got to go up with him to help him carry his things to his teepee. Man, that walk kicked my butt! It was straight up the mountain about a half a mile walk. Boy am I out of shape. Even Noah said "I'll be feeling this tomorrow". Little did he realize at the time that he will be making that trek a million more times before Friday comes along. The teepee he is staying in holds 6 boys and the camp counselor. It should be a real adventure. The camp itself looks like fun. They have a lake, a pool, rock climbing and all sorts of other activities. They keep the kids on the go all day starting at the 8am breakfast and ending at 10am lights out. I figure he'll be sleeping in the car all the way home Friday. Here are some more pics of Noah and Cameron once we got there.
In this picture you can see the nerves kicking in...
And this is the teepee that they will be camping out in.
I miss him already. I know this will be a great week for him though. The first thing Luke asked when I got home is "Where's Oah?". So I know he'll really be missing his big brother too.

1 comment:
That is awesome! You know that he's going to enjoy it, especially with having a few friends up there with him.
Post a Comment