Monday, July 14, 2008

Swim lessons are going well and soccer is over!!

The boys started taking swim lessons last Monday at Mayfair Park. It has gone great. The first day Luke was very hesitant, but I think that was because there was so much confusion that day. Since then he has done great. Noah is doing very well also. He had to start in Tadpole 1 class even though he has had private swim lessons in the past. Now he is the star in his class. I think it helps to build up his confidence level though. He has never been a big fan of the water.

Today was the best class yet. Luke's class was going off the diving board. It was great to watch. The kids went up and almost all of them had to have the teacher drop them off the board. Not my Luke though....he volunteered to go up and than jumped right off by himself. He is such a daredevil. I forgot my camera, but a friend of mine took some. Once she emails them to me I will post them.

Yesterday was Noah's last soccer game for the season. This has been the longest soccer season ever. He was playing in 2 soccer leagues at once and boy was that a lot! The last game was yesterday though and we couldn't be happier about it. I think Noah got burned out with so many games and practices. He has decided to take a year off of soccer. This will be the first season that he hasn't played soccer since he was 4. He wants to try some other sports and is actually on a waiting list to play flag football. My fingers are crossed that he gets on the team.

No comments: