But it finally happened - I have a football player in the house!!! I couldn't be more excited. Noah has never been able to play since the season conflicts with soccer. Well, since he decided to take a year off of soccer we looked into football. Sign-ups started back in May so I wasn't holding out much hope. But then I found a pop warner team here in Lakewood that still had a couple of spaces open on his league. We signed him up Saturday and picked up his equipment. At first he was very nervous. The first thing he said to me is "I hope you have good insurance". He is certain he is going to break and arm or leg. He said "Mom, do you realize that I'm going to be dog piled? Do you know what a dog pile is?". Too funny! But as it got closer to Saturday you could see the excitement building in him. When we got home Saturday afternoon he wouldn't take his helmet or shoulder pads off. Sunday morning I walked in the living room to find him sitting on the couch with his pjs on and his helmet and shoulder pads. He is pretty excited. Practice starts this Friday and it will be brutual. It is 5 days a week and 2 hours a night for the month of August. Boy is he going to get a workout. We are going to miss his first game though, that is the weekend we will be on our cruise. Here are a couple pics of Noah in his gear. He hasn't gotten his full uniform yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
He looks so much older!
Post a Comment